The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) has confirmed that Thailand is all set to welcome fully vaccinated foreign visitors, including returning Thais and foreign residents, from the approved countries/territories to enter the Kingdom by air with no quarantine requirements from 1 November 2021.
Test & GO: Quarantine-Free Entry Requirements From 1 November 2021.
1. Travel by air from the approved countries/territories. Currently, Thailand has approved quarantine-free entry for arrivals from Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Belgium, Bhutan, Brunei Darussalam, Bulgaria, Cambodia, Canada, Chile, China, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania, Malaysia, Malta, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UAE, UK, USA, and Hong Kong.
Must have been in the approved countries/territories for 21 days or more.
For returning Thais and foreign residents, it is not necessary to be in an approved country/territory for 21 days or more, as long as they are traveling from Thailand to the approved country/territory and return within the last 21 days.
2. A Thailand Pass QR Code, which can be applied via https://tp.consular.go.th/ from 1 November 2021. Until then, a Certificate of Entry (COE) can be applied via https://coethailand.mfa.go.th/.
3. A Medical Certificate with an RT-PCR lab result indicating that COVID-19 is not detected issued any more than 72 hours before traveling.
A Medical Certificate of Recovery is also required from those having a lab result with COVID-19 detected to show that they have recovered from COVID-19 no later than 3 months.
4. An insurance policy, with coverage clearly identified as no less than US$50,000, should cover the cost of the treatment and other medical expenses associated with being infected with COVID-19, including in-patient hospitalization for the whole duration in Thailand. *Except for Thai citizens who are entitled to the national health insurance system.*
5. Payment confirmation for no less than a 1-night stay upon arrival at the approved quarantine facilities (Alternative Quarantine – AQ, Organisation Quarantine – OQ, or Alternative Hospital Quarantine – AHQ), or SHA Plus-certified hotel.
The prepayment should cover both the 1-night accommodation, the required RT-PCR COVID-19 test, and an Antigen Test Kit (ATK).
6. A Certificate of Vaccination (fully vaccinated).
For those fully vaccinated, proof includes a Certificate of Vaccination with a vaccine approved by Thailand’s Ministry of Public Health (MoPH) (see here) or the World Health Organisation (WHO) (see here) no less than 14 days before their travel date.
For those having recovered from COVID-19, proof includes a Certificate of Recovery within the last 3 months and a Certificate of Vaccination with at least one dose of the approved vaccine at least 14 days before their travel date.
Travelers under 12 years of age, traveling with their parents or guardians, are exempt from this vaccination requirement but must have a Medical Certificate with an RT-PCR lab result indicating that COVID-19 is not detected issued any more than 72 hours before traveling.
7. Undergo the entry screening (health screening and Immigration procedures) upon arrival at Thailand’s International Airport, and submit all the required documentation to the officials.
8. Then proceed directly by the approved airport transfer to the pre-arranged COVID-19 test center, or the reserved accommodation and undergo the required RT-PCR COVID-19 test on Day 0-1.
Travelers must download and install the specified alert application (MorChana), and must wait within the accommodation only for the test result, which should be available within the day.
9. If testing negative for COVID-19, travelers can go anywhere in Thailand.
Each traveler will receive an ATK that they have prepaid when booking the accommodation.
Any traveler experiencing COVID-19 symptoms must immediately get a test done, using the provided ATK. If experiencing no symptoms, travelers must use the provided ATK for COVID-19 self-testing on Day 6-7, and show the result to the staff at the hotel or accommodation, as well as record the result (both detected and non-detected) in the MorChana App.
Hotel/AQ staff must recommend that travelers self-monitor themselves for at least 7 days. If any traveler experiences COVID-19 symptoms, Hotel/AQ staff must immediately notify the officer in charge of communicable disease control in their respective area.
10. For traveling from Thailand to other countries, travelers are advised to follow the guidelines and measures announced by the respective country of their destination.